Management/Administration Collective Intelligence Group

GEDi (Online GED)

Picture of Kirsten Fuglseth
GEDi (Online GED)
by Kirsten Fuglseth - Wednesday, 1 April 2009, 11:49 AM

At the spring regional, managers/administrators made note of the following issues  with the GED-i program:

Screening/Difficulty

• It is important to really screen learners before they are entered into the GED-i prep program.  The material on the GED-i site quickly becomes too difficult for many students, and the GED test itself is not as hard as the lessons on this program.
  • The NWSC ABE program has adopted an online pre-survey which students can complete if they are interested in pursuing the GED-i program.  This would be for those who are investigating their options for online GED prep and happen upon the NWSC website.  It is also advertised in all of the brochures that have been distributed.

TABE Pre- and Post- testing Difficulties

• Sarah Larson commented that through her experience with Blue Sky online, one of the most difficult hurdles was pre and post testing students.  However, she found that you can legitamately TABE test a student my emailing the test questions to the student (one question at a time).  The student can reply to the answer, and you can record it. 
    • Question:  Can anyone explain this process in more detail?