Reading Discussion Group

Who's in your class?

Picture of Tracy Chase
Re: Who's in your class?
by Tracy Chase - Thursday, 8 April 2010, 8:56 AM

I have a few people who are dabbling with the idea of post-secondary.  College choices are ICC, LLTC, what used to be Bemidji Vo-Tech, and BSU.  Courses range from generals to specific- RN program.  The person looking into the RN program only needs my help with searching for funding.  If she isn't able to find funds, she will not be able to go to college.  A student looking at ICC still needs to complete his GED.  I realize a person can attend college if they fall under the "ability to benefit" umbrella, but this is a long story and I am not sure if this is an option for him.  GED material is proving to be quite difficult and we are working on improving skills in finding the main idea and supporting ideas, etc.  This is a work in progress.  The young lady looking at BSU should have no problems academically; however, we are working on skills such as time management, completion of assisgnments, etc.  The young man thinking about LLTC has become employed and his work schedule doesn't fit with the class schedule.  Making money, at this time, is a necessity.