Workforce Education Discussion


Picture of Sandy Evensen
by Sandy Evensen - Thursday, 19 April 2007, 12:34 PM

Does anyone offer help to students going into Childcare Certification?  I'm thinking of the short, less than one year course.  I have a student, possibly 2, who would like to start in the fall.  I'm looking for materials to help them get ready and be successful. 

Sandy Evensen

AEOA / Grand Rapids

Picture of Claudia Kinville
Re: Childcare
by Claudia Kinville - Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 7:28 PM
Robbinsdale ABE offers Child Development Associate classes.  Students have to have a total of 120 hours classroom instruction, 480 hours of experience working with children, and must pass the state test.
About the 120 hours---if any program wants to be certified to give credit for this class, they should check with Department of Human Services.
For more information, call Madeline with Robbinsdale ABE: (763) 504-8367